- This event has passed.
Museum Re-Opening August 1
July 30, 2020 - September 30, 2020
Appointment-Only Re-Opening Plan
The safety of our visitors and staff remain our number one priority.
Everyone at The Hyde Collection is thrilled to start welcoming visitors back to the Museum. Rest assured that we are following all of the guidelines and protocols from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Governor Andrew Cuomo’s New York Forward, and Warren County. If you’re not feeling well, please delay your visit. (Please call our Admission Desk, 518-792-1761 ext. 350 to let them know you will not be able to make it in.) We ask that everyone take their temperature the day of your visit.
We can’t wait to see your faces at The Hyde!
Planning Your Visit
Starting August 1, 2020 visits to The Hyde Collection will be by appointment only. Please book your visit on our website prior to arriving at the Museum, and arrive at least five minutes before your designated time. Guests will remain outside the museum doors until the front desk is clear of visitors, and are asked to put on a face mask before entering. Upon arrival, Museum guests will receive an easy-to-follow tour route, with arrows and designated viewing areas marked on the floor to avoid the clustering of groups. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the galleries, and disinfecting wipes are provided in the restrooms and elevator areas. Audio tours and a rules and regulations guide will be provided upon check-in. We do not need a printed ticket—just a confirmation number.
New Hours of Operation
- The Hyde is open four days a week, Friday through Sunday.
- 10am-12pm is reserved for seniors and high-risk individuals only
- The Museum closes between 12pm and 1pm daily for cleaning
- 1pm-5pm appointments are available to the general public
- 11am is the last morning time slot we can schedule for an hour-long visit to make sure the guards have enough time to close the museum for cleaning. 4pm is the last afternoon time slot to make sure all guest are out of the museum in time for the 5pm closing.
During the month of August, we are offering free admission to all essential workers!
We want to make everyone’s shopping experience is safe. We are equipped for “contactless” payment at the front desk. Although we do accept cash and checks, we strongly encourage visitors who plan to purchase items from our museum shop to bring a debit or credit card to limit the interaction between employee and guests.
In Case You Need to Cancel
- REFUND POLICY: If you do not call to cancel appointment within 24 hours of your booking time, you will not receive a refund.
- EXCHANGE POLICY: If you’re unable to make your scheduled appointment due to an illness or conflict, please call us within 24 hours so we can reschedule you for another time that would work better.
- NO SHOW POLICY: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are limited on the number of people we can accommodate in a day. We do ask that you call the museum to let us know you’ll be unable to make it in to your scheduled appointment. Please contact our Admission Desk at 518-792-1761, ext. 350 to cancel your appointment. If you do not show up for your scheduled time and do not notify museum staff then you will forfeit any exchanges or refunds.
- General – $12, adults over the age of 18
- Senior – $10, anyone 60 years or older
- Students –FREE, college students must provide student ID
- Children – FREE, under the age of 13
- Veterans – FREE
- Active Duty Military & Family – FREE
- The second Sunday of every month is free to the public, but everyone must register online. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
MEMEBERSHIP ADMISSION: Must bring ID with them at time of check-in
- Hyde Members – FREE, must have valid membership card
- North American Reciprocal Program – FREE Membership affiliate, must have NARM sticker on card
- Empire State Museum Reciprocal Program/ Employee Reciprocal Program- FREE – must be from participating museum. Employees of museums must bring a business card or staff ID.
- Library Pass- FREE, Participating libraries have a membership pass with us that allows people to check out the membership pass from the library. This allows two FREE admissions.