The Hyde Collection is looking for an enthusiastic and confident part-time Assistant Educator to develop and conduct studio art classes for schools and the general public. The Assistant Educator reports to and works with the Museum Educator to provide accessible and engaging educational programs that explore a variety of artistic and cultural topics to all levels of learning. The Assistant Educator is an essential part of the education team helping to create a welcoming atmosphere and connection points between museum visitors, the permanent collection, and temporary exhibitions.
Candidates must have a BA in Art History/Studio Art/Education or equivalent experience; 2-3 years’ experience in art museum education preferred. Strong people skills, experience working with children, and efficient at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work in a collaborative manner and team environment toward supporting the organization’s mission and strategic vision. Availability required for weekend and some evening hours. Part-time, non-exempt position.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hyde Collection is an EOE Employer
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Stretch your creative muscles at The Hyde. The Museum seeks an organized, enterprising, and resourceful Communications Associate to serve on its External Affairs team. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Communications Associate will write copy for press releases, newsletters, and the Museum’s website, as well as The Hyde’s primary social networks. Working collaboratively with other department members, the Associate will help with fundraising appeals, stewardship materials, grants, and acknowledgements. The Communications Associate will also be responsible for maintaining the editorial calendar and assisting staff in areas of development and marketing, from member communications to in-house signage. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, out-going, and energetic. The candidate must possess exceptional writing and communications skills, as well as strong computer skills. An interest and appreciation in the visual arts and the role of cultural institutions in the region is preferred.
Summary: Primary duty of the Communications Associate is to support the Museum’s External Affairs Department, to help ensure timely, effective, and efficient communications to the Museum’s constituents, as well as cohesiveness in communications and branding across materials and efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and update press contact list;
· Assist Director of External Affairs with writing, revising, and distributing press releases;
· Write newsletter copy, website copy, and assist with grant writing;
· Work closely with the Marketing Associate to manage the Museum’s social networking activities and editorial calendar;
· Work closely with the Development Associate in communications to members, donors, and prospects, including printing and mailing of membership cards and renewal letters, annual appeal letters, brochures, and invitations;
· Create and/or assist Marketing Associate with marketing/communications materials such as weekly eblasts, quarterly program calendar, in-house signage, coupons, flyers, etc.;
· Assist department with Special Events;
· Assist with outreach activities and programs, as needed; and
· Assist with mass mailings, as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Exceptional writing skills;
· Organized, creative, detail-driven, and self-motivated;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Professional style, commitment to the organization; must be able to effectively interact with a wide variety of people; able to prioritize projects;
· Good humored;
· Strong computer skills working in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel (working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus);
· Experience with email marketing tools;
· Knowledge of social media marketing;
· Ability to work in a collaborative manner and team environment toward supporting the organization’s mission and strategic vision.
· Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related experience in writing, marketing, public relations or advertising, or equivalent.
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirement to Christina Gerarde at ChristinaG@keena.com.
The Hyde Collection is an EOE Employer