The Hyde Collection, Glens Falls, NY
The Hyde Collection seeks a curatorial assistant to support
the Museum’s curator in all aspects of a busy curatorial department, such as
administering a historic house collection, conducting research, and mounting an
ambitious exhibition program. Among the assistant’s principal duties will be
maintaining collection records, responding to inquiries from the general
public, and liaising with artists and other museum professionals. The candidate
should have a sound knowledge of museum procedures, some art historical
training and research skills, and previous museum experience. Knowledge of a
European language, professional art handling skills, and programs such as
InDesign and Photoshop would be a distinct advantage.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. EOE.
Director of External Affairs
The Hyde Collection is seeking an experienced professional to expand its audience, engage its community. The successful applicant will be a proven leader with the ability to develop, manage, and implement fundraising and marketing strategies that will grow The Hyde’s audience, raise the Museum’s profile, and promote a culture of philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of External Affairs is a senior-level position reporting directly to the Museum’s Director and is responsible for the management of the following areas: development, membership, and special events; marketing, design, and communications; and visitor services. The Director of External Affairs regularly reports to the Board of Trustees and represents The Hyde at community and Museum functions and events. The Director of External Affairs will:
· Develop and execute the Museum’s overall External Affairs plan, which includes a detailed fundraising plan and an integrated marketing/communications plan;
· Create and manage an annual department budget, including revenue from individuals (major gifts, membership, and annual appeals), foundations, businesses, and government granting sources;
· Lead, motivate, and supervise an External Affairs team (4 F/T) that strives to achieve the Museum’s short-term and long-term goals;
· Develop and oversee implementation of institutional messaging and branding;
· Cultivate, solicit, and steward the Museum’s top prospects and donors in consultation with the Museum’s Director and Trustees;
· Play an integral role in board relations and board committee work; and provides reports on development and marketing efforts to the board of trustees;
· Be a strong staff and creative leader, who can integrate development and messaging considerations into all areas of the Museum;
· Further The Hyde’s efforts to reach and engage new audiences and raise the organization’s profile on the regional and national level;
· Oversee the implementation of and take responsibility for The Hyde’s marketing and communications strategies including advertising, public relations, digital and social media, as well as community collaboration and interaction;
· Oversee visitor services and front-of-house operations with a commitment to ensure an exceptional visitor experience;
· Represent The Hyde at community functions including the Glens Falls Arts District and local business community events;
· Manage special events, cultivation events, and work with the education staff on public events at the Museum;
· Set systems in place to ensure prompt processing of gifts, donor recognition, and reporting.
The Hyde is seeking an experienced leader who will contribute to the Museum’s continued growth, and one who will help position The Hyde for future success. Applicants should have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, with a minimum of four (4) years of management experience. The applicant should possess the following:
· BA in relevant field (advanced degree preferred);
· Proven ability to raise funds from individuals, businesses, and foundations; planned giving experience is a plus
· In-depth knowledge of fundraising strategies and trends;
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
· Strong delegation and team building skills;
· A sense of humor and desire to work collaboratively to achieve goals;
· An ability to multi-task, think on his/her feet, and embrace creative problem-solving;
· Knowledge and experience with software and tools such as Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and MailChimp; and
· Unwavering commitment to the arts and the role arts organizations play in the economic life of their communities.
Some event and weekend work and occasional travel is required.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements, and a list of three professional references to: email@example.com or Keena, 2 Progress Blvd., Queensbury, NY 12804. No phone calls, please.
The Hyde Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.