SCHOOL TOURS & PROGRAMS AT THE MUSEUM OR IN THE CLASSROOM
Field Trips to the Museum
A visit to The Hyde transports students into a world of art and history. They will see tapestries, paintings, and sculptures from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance in one room and works of art by the world’s greatest masters – Rembrandt, Rubens, Degas, Renoir and Picasso – in another. The changing gallery exhibitions provide a context for discussing and understanding a variety of artistic expression. Studio art activities, relevant to the tour topic, offer students the opportunity to express themselves using tools and vocabulary inspired by art.
- $2 per student
- 1 dedicated chaperone for every 10 students required. Other accompanying adults pay regular admission fee
- Field Trip programs are available Tuesdays through Fridays 10 am - 5 pm
- Field Trip duration varies by program – the average is 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Maximum number of students: 80
A pre-visit packet containing a KWL chart, introductory materials and activities are available by request
- All School Programs are available to homeschooling families and special needs groups
The Hyde’s School Programs align with New York State Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy. The tours and lessons are designed to foster creative and critical thinking while helping students develop speaking and listening skills in an environment conducive to conversation and debate.
Specialty Tours with Studio Activity (for organizations such as Girls Scouts, 4H, or CWI)
- Minimum of 10 people (if less, must charge for 10)
- $12 per person (includes art activity supplies); chaperones or care-taking employees are not charged admission
- $50 deposit due six weeks prior to visit; balance due upon arrival
Hyde Out in the Classroom!
PreK-12 • Weekdays
A museum educator brings The Hyde to you via power point presentation, reproductions, and a hands-on activity. This one hour interactive session will engage students with an introduction to the museum and theme of your choice, and can serve as preparation for a visit or as a stand alone program. The cost is $2 per student.
Hyde After School
PreK-12 • Weekdays between 2:30 - 5 pm
A museum educator provides art activities both on and off site to after school programs.
School Program Menu for Field Trips & Hyde Out
To arrange for your field trip or classroom visit, or for more information, please call the Education Department at 518-792-1761, ext. 327 or email email@example.com
We would like to thank our sponsors for education programming: